We take pride in partnering with Limited Partners (LPs) with high expectations of compliance towards ESG matters. The Fund will seek to invest its investment commitments across a broad range of food related business categories. As part of our investment policy, ZIP shall not invest in prospective portfolio entities which are engaged in, or to the knowledge of the Manager or the Fund, intend to engage in any of the excluded activities as listed below:
• Production or trade in any product or activity deemed illegal under host country laws or regulations or international conventions and agreements;
• Production or trade in radioactive materials, with the exception of medical materials and quality -control equipment where the radioactive source is trivial and adequately shielded;
• Production or trade in or use of unbonded asbestos fibers or other products with bonded asbestos as dominant material;
• Production or trade in pharmaceuticals, chemical compounds and other harmful substances subject to international phase -outs or bans, including pesticides classified as Class I(a) (extremely hazardous), I(b) (highly hazardous) or II (moderately hazardous);
• Production or trade of ozone-depleting substances subject to international phase-out;
• Trade in wildlife or wildlife products regulated under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES); Purchase of logging equipment for use in unmanaged primary tropical rainforests; and
• Production and activities involving harmful or exploitative forms of forced labor and/or child labor as defined by national regulations.
Further exclusions also include the following: alcoholic beverages, tobacco, platinum, pearls, precious stones, gold and related products, nuclear reactors and related products, weapons, ammunition and other goods used for military and/or paramilitary purposes and luxury consumer goods.